Change

      This past year has been so full of change. I don't feel very different but, I know that I am different. Hell, I even dyed my hair purple even though I have said for a long time that I wouldn't ever dye my hair. I even put myself out there and I joined cross country and track although I always thought that was too hard to even try. I EVEN GOT A JOB THIS PAST WEEK. I am still afraid of everything I was afraid of before but, I won't let my fear of them prevent me from trying it. Every day is a struggle for me. I have to remind myself that I can't let my fears control me. I will keep running even when my mind tells me to stop. I will have my hair purple because I want to! I will answer phone calls at Papa Johns even though I am afraid of humiliating myself. I will get out of my comfort zone so that I can overcome myself. I am capable of anything, I just have to believe that I can. It's all mental. I will be myself and I will do everything that I want to accomplish. Maybe it isn't so much that I changed because, I am still the same Vanessa. I am just becoming who I always wanted to be. I was just too afraid to get out of comfort zone to be who I wanted to be.
        I can't exactly pinpoint when I started to change. I guess you could say it went as far back as the beginning of my Junior year. I had decided that I had enough of being sad all of the time. I didn't like being sad so I wasn't going to be sad anymore. It was a long process and it wasn't easy. It was so easy to fall into the same depressing mentality. So easy. I don't even know why I allowed myself to be sad for so long to be honest because, I am generally a happy person. In fact, I don't think anyone really knew that I was sad. I know that difficult things happened to me but, I shouldn't have allowed myself to fall into depression like that. I was numb to everything for about 2 years!!! That is such a LOONG time!!! I do think that it was very stupid that I allowed it to happen but, I am thankful for that time too. For so long I only had myself. I wasn't always the best company. Although I hated myself, I loved myself enough to know I deserved to be happy. I taught myself how to love myself. I also learned that happiness could be found in any situation... you just have to chose to be happy.
      Junior year had it's ups and downs but, it was better. I did change but, it wasn't very much. I was able to pick up the pieces of who I use to be and build onto it. I did join an architecture class and, I loved it. I loved everything about and I loved being apart of something I felt apart of. I also found the kind of friends I wanted all along because, I got out of comfort zone to reach out to them!
      This year was different. I don't really know how to describe it. I think that maybe I could have been on brink of insanity but not really. I have been through so many difficult things this year more-so than the past 3 years. But, I didn't let them get to me... In fact, whenever I felt like crying I would put on makeup. I would stare into the mirror and tell myself that I was too pretty to cry lol. I know it's silly but, it worked on me. Sometimes I did let myself cry but, I would leave it at that. I wouldn't think about the situation that made me sad again. I would move on with my life like nothing had happened. I have kept myself too busy to even allow myself to think so negatively. Now if I even think about everything I had to go through this year, I'm sure I would cry. I would cry a lot. I know that which is why I won't let myself think about it. I'll just think about what I have to do next and about what I want to accomplish. It is so easy to fall into depression again, especially now, but I won't let myself. I will just hope that the worst is over and that I can finally make progress on what I want to accomplish with myself.
       Right now, I am changing in full-swing. I can start over. Everything that needed to be broken was broken. Now that it is officially broken, I can only get better. Not only that but a HUGE chapter of my life is almost over. The public school education is basically all my life has ever been. My life has been rapidly changing non-stop but the one thing that always remained stable besides my family was school. Now, that part of my life will be over. I will still go to school but, it will be different, especially if I decide to live on campus. Lately, I have even been making more major decisions on my own. Usually, other people would decide for me but, now that's changing... All of these changes are so scary to me. I am so very afraid. I don't want to lose everything I worked for and I don't want to lose those that are important to me. Lately, it seems that all of my family members are off in different directions when we were once always together...

Comments

Popular Posts