Thoughts on Graduation

There are only 80 left until Graduation. I like to write down my thoughts and look back at them later on. Right now, I am not so scared about graduating anymore. I don't have everything figured out and I have learned that it is okay to not have it all figured out. I just need to know what I plan to do next. I know that I will go to UT Arlington and I am sure that I will just commute the first year. 
I am not so sad about graduating. I don't really have much connection to my school anyways. I've only been there one year. I do like my school but, I won't be upset about leaving it. I am just ready to move on with my life. I have worked so hard for this and I know I deserve it. I spent so much time and effort into studying. I worked so hard. I will graduate in the top 20% of my class and I can even graduate distinguised. I am sad to see some of my friends go but, I've learned to accept this part of life. Friends won't stay forever. I am just grateful for the time I had spent with them. 
I move around so much that I am used to  big changes like this. I have had to reinvent myself several times and I have learned to adapt to big changes. Graduation won't be that much different. This is different because now I'm not the only one going through change. 
I remember that I use to be so scared about graduating and I spent countless hours being anxious about not knowing what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be. Now that I am closer to graduation, it seems so silly to remember how worried I use to be. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just as confused now as I was then.. I have figured out a few major things but that's it. I learned that it is pointless to worry so much about things. I will make the decision when the time comes. I don't have to plan out my whole life  I just need to know what I will do next. If I make mistakes, which is inevitable, I can just fix them when I realize I made a mistake. 
So it's 80 days before graduation and, I am feeling calm. I am not really excited and I am not scared either. I am ready for this change and I am ready to move on. 

Comments

Popular Posts